Who are we?
We’re Community of the Living Spirit, a ministry that’s emerging in downtown Indianapolis.
But wait… Aren’t there plenty of ministries here already? Why another one?
- We are Indianapolis. Not bringing an imported program from some remote bureaucracy, we’re ordinary home-grown folks who already live here and love our city.
- We are Jesus-followers. We’re fascinated by a person named Jesus who walks our streets, who hears the cries of hurting and lonely people, who gets ticked off at injustice, who accepts people as they actually are, and who transforms his friends with healing, hope, and freedom.
- We are becoming a real community. In a world of point-and-click virtual “friending”, it’s a challenge to find real friends who care about one another and about their neighbors.
- We are becoming church. The Christian movement is global and universal, the most diverse, open network of people on the planet; our vision is to bring that global Christianity tangibly alive, and to do it here.
Interested? Click here to learn more...
Latest from Facebook...
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 - 9:02 pm
Great ideas, if you're still looking for some (or even if you aren't) ...
- Posted by Community of the Living Spirit
You are welcome...
...if you've never set foot in a church before, or if you go every week,
...if you're Asian or Latino, black or white, Native American, or some of each,
...if you vote red or blue or purple, or if you color outside the lines,
...if you're male or female or transgendered,
...if your diet is carnivore or vegan, sugar-free or gluten-free or carb-intense,
...if you're three days old, 30 years old, 103 years old, or somewhere between,
...if you're straight, gay, lesbian, or bisexual,
...if you're single or married, divorced or separated, partnered or in transition,
...if you’re in a traditional family, a family-of-choice, a multi-generational household, or living alone,
...if you're fully-abled, disabled, or a person of differing abilities,
...if you’re a living, breathing human being with a beating heart and a thinking mind,
You are welcome here.